Sunday, October 28, 2007

From Crib to Bed, Chapter2

Yes, it's getting better. After the almost 1.5 hour episode we had a few nights back I decided to get down to business with this bedtime thing. Hauling a kid back to bed every time he gets out probably works for some people, but not for us. Granted, my biceps were getting a good work out, lifting a 30lb weight and carrying him back to bed over & over & over, but we really needed something a bit more affective.

Now we snuggle in the rocking chair for a few minutes before I lay Andrew down in his bed. I then resume my place in that rocking chair and wait. Most nights I can expect a 20-30 minute wait before Andrew zonks out. That's heaven compared to 1-1.5 hours of repeatedly hauling him back to his bed. I can deal with 20-30 minutes of sitting comfortably in a rocking chair, no problem at all.