Apparently, I have somehow offended the Gods of Good Health and Well Being. I'm not sure how, but I know that I must've.
For a month and a half we've all taken turns with one illness or another. It started April 1st. Andrew woke up with a fever. His fever lasted 5 days. Then came the cough. That lasted over a month. During that month Ellie and Brady both got sick....then they got better. Andrew's cough finally went away about 2 weeks ago. Then Michael got sick & got better.
Last Monday, when I picked Andrew up from school, his Para mentioned that he'd been tugging at his right ear alot. Tuesday morning Andrew woke up with pink eye. I made a Dr. appointment for Wednesday afternoon, the soonest I could get him in.
Wednesday morning, about an hour after he woke, I noticed drainage in his right ear; a classic sign of an ear infection. Good thing I had that Dr. appointment for him that afternoon! We scored Cipro drops for his ear infection and Augmentin for his pink eye.
Thursday it became apparent that we were dealing with a double ear infection. So I started drops in his left ear as well. Pink eye was still raging.
Friday we were in a holding pattern.
Saturday I woke up with pink eye. (Thanks Andrew!) With no Doctors to call for a script, since it was the weekend, I had to wait till Monday. Ellie started complaining of a stuffy nose. Andrew's eyes were looking better, though.
Sunday my throat/chest was feeling tight and my eyes burned. Ellie started coughing. Andrew started coughing.
Monday (today) I got my script for eye drops. Heaven on Earth, I swear to you. Ellie is still coughing/stuffy. I'm coughing. It took Andrew almost an hour after his nap to cough the gunk out of his lungs. I picked Brady up from golf practice after school and he informed me that he'd been coughing all day at school, too. The only healthy one of us is Michael. But, I'm guessing that won't last very long.
Excuse me while I go crawl in a hole and curl up in the fetal position.