I was standing in the hallway earlier tonight. Andrew came up to me, grabbed my leg and steered me toward the door to the hallway that leads back to the bathroom. When we got through the door I asked him what he wanted. He grabbed the front of his pants and said, "Ack". Knowing exactly what that meant, I picked him up & dashed to the bathroom. I pulled his pants down & noticed a small area of wetness in his training undies. I was bummed. I had hoped he had told me in time to make it but it didn't look like that was the case. Just to reinforce the whole potty idea, I sat him on the potty anyway. To my surprise he peed- a bunch!
My synopsis?
When he found me at the doorway in the hall he knew he had to pee. When I asked him what he wanted to go down the hall for, and when he replied "Ack", he had already dribbled a bit but knew that he needed to be on the potty. Then, when I picked him up to run to the bathroom, he was able to hold it till we got there!
Isn't that amazing? What's amazing to me is that most typical kids are just starting potty training at this age (2.5 years). Most kids with Down Syndrome don't have the muscle control to hold it yet at this age....but Andrew showed me that he does!
Now, like I said....you didn't hear any of this from me. Sure wouldn't want to jinx this, would I??