
Our deck is at a standstill. The framework is done; we have the support posts but haven't had time to put them in yet. The decking material itself was, until yesterday, in question. Composite? Quite expensive, but little maintenance. Cedar? About 2/3 less in price than the composite, but more maintenance. AC2 Treated? Still the maintenance, less expensive than the cedar, but cosmetically it just wasn't tripping our trigger. After much thought, and head scratching, we've decided to award the cedar with the honors of being our decking material. I'm sure the cedar is just thrilled. ;-)
Now, the next step is to buy said cedar. Randy is at Menards as I type, loading up the makings of my new deck. The 2nd step, which I believe will be even harder than picking the material, is actually BUILDING the deck. See, that would require my husband to break out the tools and actually put them to use.....as opposed to taking a nap. Some day, right?
Some things are moving forward around here, though. I finally got the time to do a bit of landscaping by our front door. It's not much, and didn't take long, but it sure cleans up the front entryway.

And then there's the project of my raised bed gardens. The 3 smaller beds are 4'x8', the larger is 4'x18'. It's not the 30'x40' that I was accustomed to planting at the farm, but it also won't be all the work of a 30'x40' plot!