Sunday, May 24, 2009

Three G's

No, I'm not talking in terms of money. (Although, it would be nice to have 3 G's in my back pocket.) I'm talking about Gorgeous Girls with Glasses. Three G's.

I've known I needed glasses for a while. I actually had a pair a few years back but just couldn't get use to having them on my face. A few weeks ago I thought I'd give it another try. I'm older (don't go there!) and, hopefully, more mature. (Ok, maybe not) Maybe I could make it work this time?

A few days after I had my eye exam and picked out my frames El, Andrew and I were on our way to do some shopping. Completely out of the blue El tells me that she thinks she needs reading glasses. This intrigued me. It's not something that most 8 year olds would ask for. Webkinz? Yes. Ice cream? Of course. Glasses? Not so much.

I asked El a few questions & she basically told me that when she's reading everything gets blurry & sometimes she sees double. Hmmmmm.....not the best sign.

So, a few days after that El had her eye exam. It was determined that she did, in fact, need glasses for reading. She picked out some frames and 2 days later we got the call that her glasses were ready.

From now on you may refer to us as the Gorgeous Girls with Glasses: